Thursday, March 11, 2010

Being 43 and Coming to LIfe

Being 43 and Coming to Life

  • Mar. 11th, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I feel as though I am just awakening at the age of 43. I see the world so differently through my 43 year old eyes. There is more clarity. I am embracing life, my life, and what it has to offer. I am casting away the restraints that have bound me for so long. I have decided to chant a new mantra...I am tired of being aspiring....I want to be acquiring!! I had an epiphany as I stood there singing and doing the dishes for the 896th time in my life. I was thinking about how I am an aspiring jazz singer.... journalist... chef...and artist. I thought about how I am aspiring to accomplish and be so much yet have let fear of ridicule and failure to bound me, to restrain me, to suffocate me. I have survived so much in my life. The list is long and the whole emotion of it would only exhaust me and keep me in the restraints that I speak of. I am ready now to pursue, to acquire, to accomplish......to live. I am wide awake now life....my eyes are wide open....I have come out of life's nightmarish world only to be stronger.