Monday, July 26, 2010

Life Raft

Life for some is just a huge pile of stress, dreams dashed upon the rocks, with struggle after struggle, holding desperately onto hope as though it were a life raft, but a life raft that needs to be continually patched so that you don't sink.  
My husband lost his job today....homelessness is looming on the horizon, merely a repeat of last year....never, no never, think that it  cant happen to you. We are well educated, and have worked hard for everything we have managed to keep during all of the losses we have suffered. People seem to think that this only happens to other people, it isn't. We are definitely not, nor were we, amongst the white collar wealthy....but were/are amongst the struggling middle class that must carry the burden of all classes.
 My children look to me for strength, reassurance, and love, I am the glue that binds, and I must hide my pain as I tell my kids that we have to move again, and to where...I do not know.
I WILL, however, assure them that everything will be ok and that this is just another one of life's detours, an adventure, a learning experience that will only make us stronger. Everything will get better because I believe it will, I have to for their sake. 

I am clinging to my last bit of hope, my life raft, and I take out yet another patch....